Monday, November 02, 2020

Welcome To November: It's All About Me

 As if 2020 hasn't been challenging enough, I've decided to take on the November Blogging Challenge that's floating about the Interwebs. I'm well aware that I was to start yesterday, on November 1st, but I was busy dogsitting Zydrunas (Best Granddog Ever) and feeling Morose about the s**w whipping around outside. 

Actually, I was feeling Irritated and Put-Upon. (About the weather. Never about Zydrunas.)

So, here I am, catching up. I'll have to do two posts today in order to get on track. Sigh. That's okay; it will give me a break from my Stress Cleaning. (I think you know what my Stress is about. #VoteHimOut)

Here is Yesterday's Prompt:  20 Things About Me. Goodness, I have no idea how I'll come up with that many without boring you all to pieces. 

20 Things About Me

1. I hate being late. (Ironic, I know.)

2. I don't use artificial sweeteners.

3. I don't drink soda or anything carbonated.

4. My favourite bird is the blue jay.

5. No one ever touches my feet.

6. I have no sense of direction.

7. I have three kinds of olive oil in the kitchen at all times.

8. I don't wear any jewelry, including my wedding and engagement rings.

9. I don't know how to swim and won't go in water above my shoulders.

10. I almost died from a burst appendix when I was nine.

11. I read deeply about President and Mary Lincoln.

12. I taught high school English and Creative Writing for 30 years.

13. I designed the curriculum and was the sole instructor for Creative Writing.

14. I once wanted to be a Roman Catholic nun.

15. I wear my sunglasses at night.

16. I only eat white albacore tuna.

17. I don't like white chocolate.

18. I've never seen Casablanca, and I don't want to.

19. I get angry at stupid women who diminish us all.

20. I love Walkers shortbread.

Usually, I'd pick a few of these and chat about them, but I have another post to write. I'm happy to say more in Comments, however, as usual. (Especially if we share some of these traits!)

Let's hope November is kind to us all. And let's see if I can keep up this month.

image

15 comments:

  1. Yay a Nance post! Are you doing NaBloPoMo or something else? I've never seen prompts. I loved your 20 things. I almost died from a ruptured appendix too but I was in my late thirties when it happened. We also have in common 1-4, 7 and 16-19. I can sure relate to your stress cleaning. My stomach is literally in knots today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha--Yay, a Martha comment! :) Thank you for your enthusiasm upon seeing I had posted. You're going to love November; I'm going to post every day. At least that is the plan.

    I forget where I first saw the prompts mentioned, but I followed quite a blog trail to find them all listed. I think it's called a November Challenge or a Blog Challenge or...something. I'm sorry I'm no help at all. Sigh.

    I have to go fold towels now that I got post #2 done. THERE WILL BE WINE WITH DINNER TONIGHT! Purely for medicinal reasons, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be fun! I don't like white chocolate either. Or for people to touch my feet. In fact, my father can still make me squirm by PRETENDING to touch my feet. Or his feet. Or act like he might think about touching a foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bug--I hope it will be fun. I know there will be days I'll be thinking it's NOT fun, squeezing in time to write the post. (Ha ha--what squeezing? I'm retired. What do I do all day?)

      I used to love white chocolate as a kid. I especially liked how pretty it looked, so pristine. I got big, solid white bunnies and crosses in my Easter basket that my uncle made. He owned a candy shop and made all kinds of wonderful chocolates.

      Feet in general make me uncomfortable, except for baby/little kid feet, which I find charming and adorable. I even wrote a whole post about it once, here.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes!!! Most of my twenty things are very different, but fellow English teachering and white chocolate is enough in common, right? And I got a post up yesterday, but the brain is fogging tonight.
    Luverly, 30 Nance posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary--I suspect we have plenty more in common, but English Teachering is often enough. You know what happens when there are two of us in a crowd; we always find each other. :)

      I'm glad you're looking forward to my posts. I hope they're worth it.

      Delete
  5. Agree with you on #2-- no artificial sweeteners for me. Agree with you on #16-- albacore only, please. Agree with you on #19-- am tired of women who diminish us all. They need to shut up!

    A fun challenge. Is NaBloPoMo on again? I looked for it, but couldn't find a sign-up sheet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ally Bean--Artificial sweeteners can be a migraine trigger, so I only use natural sugars. I hate the taste of fish in general, so I appreciate the milder white albacore. And while I abhor stupidity in people overall, I am especially dismayed by women who are wilfully stupid because I feel it reflects on all of us.

      A sign-up? Is there really such a thing? News to me. I just do what I do.

      Delete
    2. There used to be an organized group for NaBloPoMo via Blogher. I did it a few years and met all sorts of interesting people. I don't think Blogher is around anymore so doing this challenge on your own is the way to go. Carry on, my dear

      Delete
  6. This is so much fun. Well, not the stress cleaning part!
    I can't stand white chocolate, hate being late, nothing artificial for me in my drinks/food, I think I saw the last 10 minutes of Casablanca, and I LOVE having my feet rubbed and will pay someone to do it every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB Suz--Cleaning is never much fun for me, stress or no.

      Ugh, feet. I just can't.

      I feel like seeing the "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world..." scene is all anyone needs to see of Casablanca. And Bogart reminds me of Don Knotts. (Sacrilege!)

      Delete
  7. Yay that you’re doing NaBloPoMo! Perhaps I will steal some of your ideas for my own blog. Yeah, it used to be a thing where you went and signed up and people saw your name and link and would come to your blog that way, it was a fun way to see new blogs and so on. I won an iPad Mini that way once, which was GREAT.

    White chocolate sucks, but foot massages are amazing, especially by a talented masseuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J--Now that Ally mentioned BlogHer and you mentioned linking, I do recall Back In The Day when it was such a huge thing. That's when blogging was starting to be a huge deal and some women really got corporate with it shortly after that. Good for you, winning an iPad!

      I wonder why white chocolate is even called chocolate, really. It's an insult to chocolate.

      Delete
  8. This is awesome, and we have so much in common (which isn't really surprising to me), especially the whole white chocolate thing! My husband loves it, so he is welcome to all of it in the world, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget--I think we'd get along famously. And The Tim can have any and all white chocolate that comes my way.

      Delete

Oh, thank you for joining the fray!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...