Thursday, December 24, 2015

Warm Holiday Wishes From The Dept. Of Nance


Welcome, Christmas, bring your cheer. 
Cheer to all Whos far and near. 
Christmas Day is in our grasp, 
so long as we have hands to clasp. 
Christmas Day will always be 
just as long as we have we. 
Welcome Christmas while we stand, 
heart to heart, and hand in hand.

I've been sick with a nasty virus since late Saturday night and my strength is just now coming back. As The Grinch says, Christmas comes just the same, so with the help of My Men, we're hosting The Family for Christmas Eve as usual.  

Bless them, they'll overlook any dustbunnies and cat hairs we miss and focus on food and wine and togetherness, as usual.  They're the best.

May all of you have Hands To Clasp this holiday, Warm and Loving Voices to hear, and Time for Togetherness with those you love.  

And once again, thank you for Being There.  I am more grateful than you know.

Nance

image

9 comments:

  1. Well, ratfinks on being ill, Nance! :-( I do love that the guys are rallying and you know that what's really important will be the focus of your celebration!

    Merry Christmas!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley--I think it's my turn for the email...? At any rate, feeling heaps better now, and as always, lovely to have you check in here. I hope you had a fine Christmas at home, too.

      Delete
    2. No, it's my turn to email. I'll get on it, Nance! So glad you're feeling so much better. We had a lovely Christmas here with Son and with the extended family at my sister's. That was fantastic because any celebration at my sister's house always is and, of course, those events are far less work for me. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Nance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look! It's KAREN! I think of you more often than you know, and I'm so happy you've checked in. The Very Best Of Everything to you and your family as well, dear.

      Delete
  3. Please have the merriest of Christmases. Don't let the virus get you down. Try a hot cup of Constant Comment with a slug of honey and just a little Jim Beam. It'll ease your throat.

    And, sweet Nance, thank you for your kindness to me on the Mary Worth blog. If I can figure out how to get my .edu email address to get with the program, I'll tell you privately. Perhaps we two NE Ohio girls can actually get together. Hope you are surrounded by family this weekend, as will I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fauxprof--Thanks for the Rx. I'm not feeling flu-ish, just had the malaise and tummy/digestives. It seems to be mostly away now (knocking wood like crazy), so let's hope it was a Just Me, One-Time Thing here at the Dept.

      I would love to meet up in a Halfway Spot and chat. NEO weather is being uncharacteristically cooperative for travel. Get your email figured out or hire a temp addy from gmail or yahoo like I have for Business Purposes. Be kind to yourself. (You are the best friend you have.)

      Delete
  4. So sorry the bug bit you right at Christmas but glad you are on the mend. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NCmountainwoman--Happy New Year to you as well. Luckily, no one else caught the bug, (knock wood) so we are heading into 2016 strong and healthy.

      Delete

Oh, thank you for joining the fray!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...